Friday, September 28, 2007

My TOP TEN TAGGERS

I have given this a lot of thought...hope I have hit on truly the top 10
1. I love my five children (and as time has passed, my 3 in-laws and 3 grandbabies.) They are what defines me. My most joyful moments have come as I have watched them become the great people they are. I am still continually surprised, yet delighted, that they are all incredibly beautiful or handsome (who would have thought), intelligent and articulate, musical (who would have guessed) and funny! I had a real "aha" moment when Andrew was the star of a basketball game played in the Idaho Falls gym that I had spent so much time in as a teen.

2. I had always thought I would become a great writer or poetess. I was not well disciplined. Yet, I smile when I see what great writers many of my children are. Maybe, now, in my empty nest stage, I will practice the craft and see if I can't turn out some good stuff, if just for my own enjoyment.

3. I always wanted to be a ballerina...hilarious, isn't it. I have said that in the resurrection my reward is that I will either be a great ballerina or a very talented singer. Doesn't it say somewhere in the scriptures that your weaknesses will become your strengths.

4. I love to travel...no actually I love studying about the place that I will visit and making up an itinerary that I would love to do if I were making all the choices. And then I just enjoy travelling there. I have enjoyed our recent trips to New York and Illinois and Missouri. I look forward to our upcoming trip to Portland in November. And I hope to fill my life with lots and lots of trips.

5. I love furniture...so much so, that often when I visit a city I scout out the furniture stores and tour them as if they were museums (this is if I am alone.) Good furniture is a work of art and should be treated as such. I wish I had more confidence in my interior design capabilities and it would be the passion of my life.

6. A few years ago as we were lying in bed Bryant asked me what I would like to be (career wise) if I could doing anything and I responded, "I would like to be a curator of a museum." He said questioningly, "You want to be a character in a wax museum?" So much for that dream!

7. I want to be thin...but as Trent says, "Pretty much in life we get what we want the most." And I guess I don't want it bad enough, because I certainly am not thin. I think I grew up in a family that prized "thinness" more than most things. ENOUGH SAID!

8. I hate it when people "go over" their allotted time in talks or prayers in church. It is pathetic...you would think I was in control of the meeting or something. In fact, I have been known to get up and leave a church meeting if a person is talking way past their time, because emotionally I can't stand it!

9. I love really good fruit....melons, peaches, pears, grapes, berries, etc. etc. It is sort of ironic that I am allergic to some of these things (mango, avocado) that I love so much. It makes me sad that I have passed on these allergies to some of my children..and it has affected their life so much. Word of advice...don't ever eat anything you might be allergic to in a foreign country...I almost suffered the ills of that in Mexico and Mark did in Europe!

10. When I was a young girl, maybe 12 of 13, I told my mother that I wanted my husband to be the first boy I would kiss....she laughed at me and said that was silly and wouldn't happen. She was wrong...I did marry the first boy I ever kissed (of course, I went on to kiss a few in the interim.) So to Bryant...I am glad that you were the first boy I ever kissed and I was the first girl you ever kissed.

Now, for tagging. If you read this and you haven't been tagged, I challenge you. Specifically, Grandma and Grandpa Nelson are tagged.

5 comments:

laurel said...

Loved it, loved it! That was great! I think you are thin. It is a matter of perspective you know. If I was your size, I would be as pleased as punch. Also, the over time thing in church is one of my things too...goes with the waitress thing! Thanks for sharing your writings with us! You're my favorite sister...I'd say that even if I had more than one.

hooli said...

here's to the first, if not the only.

Claudia said...

Thanks for sharing! Wow...you put thought into yours. I kinda just wrote 10 things as I was sitting at the computer. And no, it is not silly that you always wanted to be a ballerina. So did I! Or at least I wanted to take a ballet class...ballerina's are so graceful, and sadly, I am not. And my posture is horrible...I guess you and I will BOTH be waiting for that talent in the afterlife!

Devin said...

I learned a few things. I didn't know Dad was your Kiss for example.

grandma GiGI said...

Reading everyone's blog tonight has been more fun than our weeks in Ca. and St. George.! I'd love to do a TAGGER but not sure how.
DO I need a lesson on that one?
Your grandchildren are so DARLING!
Of course ALL of ours are.