Sunday, February 3, 2008

Global Warming

Adam notes problems with too much rain in Portland. Trent was a bit frosted by the winter storms too!
Everyone in the area was concern by the drought and the lack of water in all of the lakes. Ground water levels were lowering. This fall all of the stakes and wards in the area had a special fast and prayer for moisture. In Idaho that means snow, snow and more snow. As of 2/2/08 we have a good start on the water season with good snow pack in the mountains.


This is the Nelson's cabin after the snow was removed from the roof. Yes, that is the second floor west bedroom window.

A cable was used to cut the snow layer from the front roof. When it slide off the whole cabin shook. Wowzer. If you wonder who we hired to go up on the roof to shovel off six feet of snow, the answer is quite simple. Someone with super human strenth, nerves of steel, and high traction rubber on all fours.


Mini Cooper S bot!

5 comments:

laurel said...

Wow! I am so tired of the snow. We got 2 feet during the night. We have 3 feet now on our front lawn. They are saying 5 more by morning. Thanks for the cabin and your check is being hand delivered to you. Jay is coming either MOnday night or Tuesday to work. He will be carring the check. I am harboring a little anger toward that stupid groundhog who saw his shadow. I don't want 6 more weeks of winter!!!!!!!!!!

laurel said...

That is 5 more inches...not feet

hooli said...

yes, the extremes in weather caused by global warming are a bad, bad, bad thing

Claudia said...

Adam is soooo jealous! He misses that cabin and the snow so much!

Sherrie said...

Aunt Glenda, I have to admit, my parents told me that your family had a blog and I just couldn't resist finding it to see what your family is up to. :) Sorry! But I had to say that I love it, and it was great to see pictures of everyone! The grandkids are so adorable! You have such a beautiful family. Andy and I also have a blog, so you can visit it as often as you like. Maybe someday I'll convince my parents to start one. :)
http://www.andyandsherrie.blogspot.com